Food and fundraising!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Joinee Mum White

Joinee Mum White
  • Members
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 03:40 pm

As it will be much easier (and more fun) to cater for everyone at The guide HQ, and as we had not, particularly, planned to do any fundraising, except for selling those amazing glow-in-the-dark, orange wrist bands, I have had a cunning plan!

From 4.30 on Saturday, onwards, when the weary RAOK challengers will be welcomed back to Hayfields with tea and cakes, all your catering needs will be met :-

Sat. 4.30      Tea and cakes (also available coffee, soft drinks crumpets and fruit)
Sat. 8 ish      Barbecue - a selection of sausages, burgers and assorted BBQ meats (including veggie varieties) a variety of salads, bread etc.
Sun. AM       Breakfast - cereals, toast and jams, fruit, sausage eggs and bacon.
Sun, lunch    To be confirmed on Saturday, possibilities include Roast dinner, cold buffet dinner or picnic (or some combination of those)

Tea, coffee and soft drinks will be available all weekend.

In return for this we will be asking for people to donate what they see as reasonable/can afford. The money will be going to the orphanage at Casa Lar.

I don't know how to link to the other thread, but I wrote all about it in Random acts of kindness  - a topic calles Young people with no future. I'll go and bump it so you can find it.

We will collect cash on the day, and I don't need numbers, or anything, but I would appreciate knowing about any special food allergies or anything, (already catering for at least one celiac and a few veggies)

I will also have a red and a white wine box on the go, Pimms and a selection of beer & cider as well as soft drinks. We will operate a help-yourself trust "bar" with recommended donations for the drinks. (if you're on the hard stuff or want anything particular, you'll have to bring it yourself!)

I do hope this meets with your approval and will make the weekend easy and fun for everyone. Mum White xx

Ps if you have any ideas/ special requests, let me know.

Edited by Joinee Mum White, 11 June 2009 - 04:04 pm.

There are no strangers here, only friends we haven't met yet.

#2 GJ Del (The Train Man)

GJ Del (The Train Man)
  • Members
  • 11,462 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 03:56 pm

That sounds brilliant! I was wondering how to go about buying food and keeping it cool (especially meat). Thank you Jane, fantastic!
2009 Joinee Olympic Slippy-Slidy champion
Official Join Me Rail Correspondent but no longer nemesis of Rem
The musings and wonderings of a forty-something: http://silvermac.tumblr.com/

#3 Joinee Parkin

Joinee Parkin
  • Members
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:53 pm

Wow Jane you really have thought of everything haven't you? Amazing!
I am sooooo looking forward to this!
:D
"Never doubt that a small, thoughtful group of citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

#4 Joinee Ems

Joinee Ems
  • Members
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:32 pm

That's amazing! Thanks Mum.

Still got my Franklin note to bring Nut Roast recipe.

Put me down as another vegesquarian please.

xxx
Crikey

#5 Joinee Parkin

Joinee Parkin
  • Members
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:39 pm

Me too for the veggie fest Jane! (I'll eat free range meat if it's avaiable but if not I'll go for the veggie option.)
"Never doubt that a small, thoughtful group of citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

#6 Chairman 'Jamin

Chairman 'Jamin
  • Members
  • 4,284 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:16 pm

Hope this all worked out for you - It was the best food I've had at a meet in a long, long time!
Off.  Back. Off again.

Not Suitable for Under 18's or those easily offended.

#7 GJ Del (The Train Man)

GJ Del (The Train Man)
  • Members
  • 11,462 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:46 pm

Apparently, we raised...

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY POUNDS
2009 Joinee Olympic Slippy-Slidy champion
Official Join Me Rail Correspondent but no longer nemesis of Rem
The musings and wonderings of a forty-something: http://silvermac.tumblr.com/

#8 Joinee Parkin

Joinee Parkin
  • Members
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:50 pm

Food was indeed amazing - thank you soooo much!

#9 Joinee Simitebrong

Joinee Simitebrong
  • Members
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:59 pm

Obviously, the cucumber was the best bit, but the rest of the food was also superb :)
It's not easy being a fool, but it is definitely more fun and worth it in the end

Official member of the Spazzed Out Unconditionally Loved Joinee Lost Grip Society

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users