Charity stuff

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Joinee Parkin

Joinee Parkin
  • Members
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:53 am

If you've been to FABFEB previously, you'll know that we've donated stuff to the Children's Hospital  We've taken toys, games etc stuff down there before and it's always been well received.
However, I'm thinking of knocking ot on the head this year, mainly because it means a group of people trekking over to the hospital to take the stuff.

Soooo, I think this year we'll go back to some old-school RAOKing to Joe Public. There will be a challenge if people want to do it.

In the evening I have an idea to wrestle the cash from your pocket, but if you have anything that we could put in a raffle, let me know.

Aaaaaand the main thing - which charity? Some friends of mine are abseiling for the Stroke Association so I could send it their way, but if you have any other ideas or requests, let me know.

Edited by Joinee Parkin, 01 February 2009 - 11:54 am.

"Never doubt that a small, thoughtful group of citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

#2 Joinee Ems

Joinee Ems
  • Members
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:09 pm

Charideee sounds good to me.

And RAoKing too. I bought sweets and lollies yesterday so just as well!
Crikey

#3 DJ Darren (Ducktastic)

DJ Darren (Ducktastic)
  • Members
  • 15,766 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:59 pm

I'll bring a couple of cute soft toys for the raffle
First Aid - The Difference between a life lost and a life saved

http://www.sja.org.u...difference.aspx

#4 Joinee Parkin

Joinee Parkin
  • Members
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:56 pm

Update: the raffle and the bribes for the quiz raised a healthy 30 for Build Africa. Not bad at all considering how broke everyone is!
Thank you all very much indeed for your contributions. Every small bit assists, to paraphrase a supermarket advert.
"Never doubt that a small, thoughtful group of citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users