The Thank You Thread

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Rubidium Joinee Tigger

Rubidium Joinee Tigger
  • Members
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:09 pm

Ladies And Gentlefolk, after a fabulous weekend I'd like to say...

THANK YOU! to...

The Wonderous organisers and hosts for the weekend - Sean, Laura, K & Jamanda

It was another brilliant Loverpool and it was lovely to see folk! Hope the travelling folk got home OK x

#2 GJ Drought

GJ Drought
  • Members
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:46 pm

thanks liverpool hosts :)

thanks amanda for the tea.. and whoever made the coconut cake.. and amandas muffins ( thats i spent rather alot on, as action replays!)

thanks Captain K for your brilliant company and hospitality!

thanks joinees for an ace weekend!
Buzz the Builder
Buzz Aldrin
Cap'n joinee Drought

long is the elephant that fits in a drain pipe!

#3 Poohbah (Gsq)

Poohbah (Gsq)
  • Members
  • 16,807 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 06:31 pm

Thank you Kieran for giving me somewhere to stay, letting me have the pirates, at least pretending to be happy with the gift of the worlds rubbishest magazine and the world's grossest foodstuff, for letting me wear your pirate boots, for being an ace team captain, for laughing for a very long time when I shouted out loud in a cinema, for giving us toy racing cars to play with, for lots of cups of tea, and everything else that I should say thank you for but can't think of at the moment, but you were just ace, and this has been a quite outstandingly long run-on sentence.

Thank you Sean and Laura and the Jamanda's (oh yes, and Capt K again!) for all your hard work that went into making this the BEST MEET EVER.

Thank you to Matt for making me talk myself into changing my mind and actually going.

Thank you to the Fate Pixies that let me share parts of the day with both American Band Boys AND Circus Boys!!

Thank you to Team One for being utterly and absolutely amazing, that was definitely the most fun RAOK Challenge I've ever ever ever done, and one of the very most fun afternoons I've ever spent.  Thank you also for agreeing that we should walk past the Cavern (really I was just indulging in a bit of Beatles pilgrimage, seeming as we were that close!) and then for adoring American band boys just about as much as I'm known to do.

Thank you to whoever decided not to disqualify us!

Thank you to Sean for letting me look better in his hat than he does. :P

Thank you to every single crazy Eurovision-fond person in that pub, it was SO INCREDIBLY MUCH FUN!!!

Thank you to everyone for not standing on my bare feet.

Rahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it was just all so much FUN! :D :D :D
I am the Grand Pooh-Bah of the Universe.  
"I daaaaannnncciiin' like a monkey!!!"
"What can I say? I come from race cars and pop-rock..."

#4 Pud

Pud
  • Members
  • 14,397 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:19 pm

I made the coconut cake!  So my first thank you is to Craig for making me smile just now knowing someone enjoyed it.

Thank you Jamanda, Laura, Sean and Kieren for organising Loverpool. I had a fantastic time and am dissapointed it's over.

Thank you Jamanda again for the hospitality, fantastic food and drink (despite confusing me by disguising cream as milk) and hillariously trashy Japanese tv.

Thank you Sean and Laura for making their flat available to everyone for late night fun (that sounds bad but it isn't)

Thank you Richard for.... you know what.

Thank you Craig for being available on the end of the phone when my car broke down before I'd even reached the motorway.  Even though I still had to get the AA out it was reassuring to know what was wrong and it should be able to be sorted.  I was seriously impressed when it turned out your phone diagnosis was spot on.

Thank you Sheli for being an ace friend, lots of cuddles and refusing to leave me alone and let me wallow in my pmt when she noticed me looking sad (she didn't know it was pmt but she wasn't going to let me sit on my own and be sad)

Thank you eveyone who cares about me enough to lecture/attempt to talk sense into me/give advice* about certain issues.  As Richard told me 'It isn't lectures its concern and advice'

Thank you Sioban and Stevie for forgiving me for shouting at them for talking at 5.15am and thank you Claire for finding that so amusing.

Thank you everyone i talked to or spent time with.  I love you all and it was an ace weekend, you all mean so much to me.
If you hear of something bad happening in Halifax... I did it!

#5 Joinee Scotch Mist

Joinee Scotch Mist
  • Members
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:13 pm

Thanks to everyone involved in organising loverpool!

Thanks to Captain K for being such a brilliant host, having late night ferrari racing and leading team 1 to victory!

Thanks to all loverpoolers for being so friendly and welcoming!

Thanks to Team 1 for being ace and making the raok challenge such a great afternoon!

Thanks to siobhan and steve for the hilarious tales of wierd dreams, clothes swaps and big hand chairs!

Thanks to craig for finding out about cinemonaco and to lou for being so funny when lewis messed up!

Thanks to phil and sean for bringing so much comedy from their death date comparisons!

:)

Edited by Joinee Scotch Mist, 26 May 2008 - 08:14 pm.

Male, 23. Likes most things, is seeking...

...PI. If found please return to whenspacesewsbison.blogspot.com

"I like your t-shirt, it really brings out your face"
"I'd be like moron"

#6 Sally-Marianne (Big Sal)

Sally-Marianne (Big Sal)
  • Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:40 pm

I'm not sure I know where to start. Thank you to you guys, as always, for being so welcoming when I know it can be hard having someone young around, but you always treat me like my own person.
Thanks so much to the organisers ofcourse! The RAoKs were mint and there was never a dull moment. Thanks also to Keiran for giving me a place to crash at such short notice, your place is absolutely lovely, colour co-ordinated and everything!  ;) And I must mention the racing, boooop! On top of that, you bought me my fabulous title which I cannot thank you enough for! I will wrangle something up though  ^_^  
Thanks to Hatch for his smooth eurovison moves! And to Toby for small gay dog. The cakes were amazing too, I now consider honesty pig a very good friend of mine! You guys put together such a mint time, so thank you thank you thank you!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x x x x x

www.mmuradio.co.uk

#7 Neil Diamond

Neil Diamond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:45 pm

Thank you to all of the organisers, but especially Sean and Laura for putting me up for the weekend, and Jamanda for copious amounts of bacon.

Thanks to everyone who attended for an excellent time.

Team 2 - you were fantastic. Martin - you threw yourself into it with gusto. Well done, and sorry for the crack about Eccleston's ears :)

Loved getting to know people I hadn't met before like Martin and Anna, and getting to know better some people who I hadn't spoken to properly before (Claire, Tom, Steve). Apologies to Mike, Scotch Mist, Aidan and Adam for not spending nearly enough time with you guys.

Siobhan and Steve - I love that you share my passion for Doctor Who (and Tennant in particular ;) ) but I'm never watching an episode with you again. That much squeeing can't be healthy :)

Can't wait for next year.

#8 Seagraven

Seagraven
  • Members
  • 5,140 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:00 pm

Thanks for coming guys.

I'd like to send my biggest thanks, however, to all the newbies that came - new to meets, if not the forum. I can't remember a meet with so many new people before, outside the K's anyway. So, Martin (not on forum - yet), Anna (Tinkerannabell), Matt (Scotch Mist), Mike (Fishcake), Aiden (General Aiden) and Adam (Joinee Waldron), thankyou all for coming, and making Loverpool your first meet. I really hope we made you all welcome, and that we'll see you all again. Perhaps at Loverpool 4.5...?

Thanks to Laura, Rich, Neil and (possibly a first, as he's being thanked for a meet he wasn't even at) Matt Bee for making my dream come true and sending me to Wembley. A fabulous day, with just one major drawback...

Essentially, just thanks to everyone for, once again, making Loverpool the best meet of the year. Forum awards be damned, Karmageddon always has an advantage in that it's latest and largest, yet for sheer fun and total laid back enjoyment, I truly don't think it can be beaten.

MoT
Sigh. Can't we all at least pretend to be grown-ups occasionally? Except Biddle.

#9 Hernaic Tom

Hernaic Tom
  • Members
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 11:37 pm

Phew! I'm finally home after over six hours travelling!!! What with Loverpool being the Most hernaic meet I've ever been to however, the bank holiday delays etc are most easily forgotten. A few people have inevitably verbalised my joyous joy over this meet very well, so I don't need to add much except:

View PostJoineeMassara GPB, on 26 May 2008, 07:31 PM, said:

all your hard work that went into making this the BEST MEET EVER.

Hear hear

View PostJoinee Scotch Mist, on 26 May 2008, 09:13 PM, said:

Thanks to everyone involved in organising loverpool!

Thanks to all loverpoolers for being so friendly and welcoming!

Thanks to siobhan and steve for the hilarious tales of wierd dreams, clothes swaps and big hand chairs!

Too right, Hewy!!

Those dreams were strange...

View PostSpaca (76), on 27 May 2008, 12:00 AM, said:

Essentially, just thanks to everyone for, once again, making Loverpool the best meet of the year. Forum awards be damned, Karmageddon always has an advantage in that it's latest and largest, yet for sheer fun and total laid back enjoyment, I truly don't think it can be beaten.

MoT

Amen, reverend.
Hernaic (Hur-nay-ick) [adj]: Relating to any object, event or experience that is sufficiently interesting, entertaining, amusing and/or extreme to the point of induction of a hernia (fig).

#10 Siobhán

Siobhán
  • Members
  • 8,231 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:03 am

Thank you to

Jamie, Amanda, K, Sean and Laura for everything - arrnagign a good meet, making sure I got taken care of when poorly and so on (food, fun, my new name - Sabrina - company, hugs ...)

Matthew for being okay with me gibbering on at you as I was so happy you are as nice as I hoped you would be.

Shelley for bagsying me and making me feel involved form the minute I reached the steps.

My RAoK team for being  awesome - particularly Martin for jumping in with both feet.

Everyone I had lovely chats with (Heather, Rich, Jamie, K and loads more of you but I was drunk/concussed and can't remember)

Whoever suggested we should watch enchanted

Claire for her stirling work in getting us home at stupid O'clock at night in terrible driving conditions and staying upbeat the whole time.  Legend.

Steve for looking after me all day on Monday when I was not doing so well and waiting with me in the walk in centre. And you know generally being an awesome friend.

And anyone else I have forgotten.

Oh and the beanbag.  We shared some times.  :rolleyes:
"We can only learn to love by loving"
Iris Murdoch

#11 PJ Stevie G

PJ Stevie G
  • Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:06 am

Ok, where to begin...

The Hosts! Thanks to everyone wo arranged it; you are swell :D I espceially enjoyed meal times, they were great. I also liked the beanbag.
Team One! For fighting for me when I arrived
Sincerely Calvin! For gigs in the afternoon. And t-shirt. And yellow submarine
All the newbies! with special mentoen to Matt and Anna, for one because they were part of team one, for two they were great to chat to and for three, Anna bought me food, for which I'm very grateful.
Everyone I had chats to. It has been a long weekend and my head can't remember names
Everyone who watched Doctor Who for putting up with me and Siobhan through it.

And doule super special thank you to Claire for going massivly out of her way to drop the rest of the London crew back to the city. Claire is great, even if she hates me (Steeeeeeve) :P

Hooray!

Oh, and one final general thank youl Thnks to everyone involved, there or otherwise for making it my favouritest meet!
A blog about unsung heroes: http://whointhehell.wordpress.com

"No dream is ever too silly unless that dream is to become a pineapple"

#12 Pud

Pud
  • Members
  • 14,397 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:06 am

Sean!  shame on you for falsly trying to claim a newbie!

Adam is not a newbie to meets.  This was proved by the first thing he said when he saw me (which was quite freaky after being told we were going to meet a newbie)

He pointed at me and said 'You were a devil in chester!  I was with you when you tried to raok that vicar and he ignored you'

And that was chester 2006!

After reading about and seeing photos of all the things that happened after I left next year I'm booking an extra days leave and staying 3 nights!  I WANTED TO GO ON THE DUCK BUS AND GO SEE INDIANA JONES *sob*

Again, fantastic meet.

#13 marty mcfly

marty mcfly
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:10 am

Hi Guys,

As promised i have arrived in the forum - it was hard to pick a forum name, and Mockney Martin was top of the list, but i changed my mind at the last minute!

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone i chatted to at the weekend, you were all really warm and accomodating! Myself and Anna had a great couple of days - really looking forwatd to catching up again soon.

Just a little note to say : TEAM 2 WAS ROBBED, ROBBED I TELL YOU!!!!!

#14 PJ Stevie G

PJ Stevie G
  • Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:15 am

Oh, I forgot! Thanks to Lou for buying me a ticket for the F1. Her reactions during the race were great to behold
A blog about unsung heroes: http://whointhehell.wordpress.com

"No dream is ever too silly unless that dream is to become a pineapple"

#15 HRH Gold Joinee Sheli

HRH Gold Joinee Sheli
  • Members
  • 8,297 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:48 am

YAAAAY MARTY!

Ahem..

Thankyou to Newsteam for all the WONDERFUL organisation! You guys ROCK!

Thankyou to Tigger for buying me my wonderful new title ^_^ You are aces!

Thankyou to K for the sofabed and the chai and the wierdest breakfast in the world! The flat is scrummy.

Thankyou to Team 2 (who were indeed robbed! Darn K taking himself out of disqualification!) for an ACE day and lots of fun and banter!

Thankyou to EVERYONE for banter / fun / concern / cuddles / cakes / giggling / documenting the weekend via pictures!

:wub:
Penny Caaaaaaaaaan!
(Spaca Joinee Sheli Redlocks - King of the Geeks)

#16 MikeFishcake

MikeFishcake
  • Members
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:25 am

View Postmarty mcfly, on 27 May 2008, 11:10 AM, said:

Hi Guys,

As promised i have arrived in the forum - it was hard to pick a forum name, and Mockney Martin was top of the list, but i changed my mind at the last minute!

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone i chatted to at the weekend, you were all really warm and accomodating! Myself and Anna had a great couple of days - really looking forwatd to catching up again soon.

Welcome to the forum. YOU'LL NEVER LEAVE!!!
www.teamfishcake.co.uk | www.xsmalarkey.com

#17 tinkerannabell

tinkerannabell
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:52 pm

Thank you all for being so fab and friendly and accomodating and fun and... I could go on and on.

Thanks to everybody in the Crown on Friday for making us feel so instantly welcome. No pints for me next time though, alcohol impairs my volume control.

I had such a fun weekend. Huge thanks to Team One for being so bloomin' fab. Martin and I will definitely be trying to get to more meets as there were far too many people we didn't get to gab to.

Amanda, Laura, Kieran, Sean and Jamie you were fabulous. Thanks for putting in all the hard work, your organisation was fantastic.

We all Live in a Yellow Submarine
xx
Stop and take a look around

#18 Done

Done
  • Guests
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:13 pm

Oh my gosh, how wonderful was that meet?  My first Loverpool (oooo, there's a series of meet themed books to come at some point, I'm sure), and officially my favourite meet so far :).

Thank you to the utter gorgeousness that is Jamie and Amanda for having me to stay once again, for not laughing too hard when I drank far too much purple stuff, for the cuddles and the food and the chat and the not getting too angry when Phil and I wake up at 6.30 Saturday because we're teachers...., for Enchanted and Ninja warriors.

Thank you to Laura and Sean for ace hospitality and killer bolognese, for Duckbus and boob bonding, for giggles and smut and forum banter (I am Sean!), and for that final photo with the ;'[&touch pose.

Thank you to Kieran for being an amazing leader for the mighty TEAM 1!!!!!!  Team 1, you were amazing, and I genuinely had the best day of recent times with you all.  Wall-to-wall fun, such great banter, lots of RAoKing, and adopting a band :D

Thank you to the many people I hugged / declared undying love for / danced with / laughed with over this weekend - this came at the end of a very tough month for me, and being able to unwind and relax and be silly was worth more to me than I think you can fathom.  Hebba, Siobhan, Steve, Helen (5.15 :)), Phil (What would Aunty Del do?), Rory, Richard, Toby, Matt, Anna, Martin, Tom, Neil, Lou, Kate, Jase, Rhonda, Kieran, Big Sal, Sheli (HRH), Craig et al (I could go on, believe me)...thank you for giving me so much to grin about as I hit the reports.

As for my London gang in the car - thank you for making the trip such fun!  I love that you appreciated the mixes and the Twixes, and I thoroughly enjoyed our South Park singalong.  You guys make getting in at 3 am fun.  Yep, even Steve (Steeeeeve!).

Loverpool.  So much love and gratitude being sent your way.

Edited to give Sheli her official title.

Edited by Joinee Thorners, 27 May 2008 - 04:15 pm.

#19 Fab Loud SMJ YDMFreshmaker

Fab Loud SMJ YDMFreshmaker
  • Members
  • 6,865 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:42 pm

Thank you to Jamanda for being possibly the greatest hosts EVER!
Thank you to Tefal for their 3 second kettle (even if it is VERY loud).
Thank you to Lou for help me to once again mess up the Wonder Twins chant.  (We'll get it some day!).
Thanks to HRH (ma'am) and Buzz for conversation and general coolness and for finding 'the chicken shop' (Next time!).
Thanks to pigs for being almost all I ate.
Thanks to sugar for the rest of what I ate.  
Thanks to everyone for the amazing banter.
Thanks to South African anti-rape devices for embarrassing me.  
Thanks to high pressure fronts for gorgeous weather.  
Mahasive (intentional) thanks to Susan for the ride home.  
and lastly thank to none of you for arguing over who got Siobhan, who got Steve and then just leaving me to the losers (of the who got Siobhan/Steve contest, not just the losers in general)

Edited by Fab Loud SMJ YDMFreshmaker, 27 May 2008 - 05:43 pm.

"I am the white Beyonce"
"Tobias Clayton.  Destroyer of Glassware."
"In a world where Myth and History have combined to create Mystery..."

#20 Pud

Pud
  • Members
  • 14,397 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:19 pm

Toby, I didn't need to fight for you, we already had you.

#21 Mr Phil

Mr Phil
  • Members
  • 15,912 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:46 pm

I am  bored of catching up with the forum now, so I shall post properly later, but I shall leave you with this quote...

View PostJoineeMassara GPB, on 26 May 2008, 07:31 PM, said:

Thank you Sean and Laura and the Jamanda's (oh yes, and Capt K again!) for all your hard work that went into making this the BEST MEET EVER.

EvilFlea - http://www.evilflea.com
the blog with the woofing dog - http://blog.evilflea.com

Fabulous and Adorkable since GGF3
Doppelgangometer reading: 0036.5

#22 Seagraven

Seagraven
  • Members
  • 5,140 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:25 pm

Thanks to everyone for saying that this was the Best Meet Ever. I think we might trademark that for Loverpool next year.

And thanks to Steve for having a Hoob as his avatar. That makes me happy.

And to Martin for coming on the forum. Now we'll start making you come over the water for the pub quiz.

MoT

Edited by Spaca (76), 27 May 2008 - 09:27 pm.

Sigh. Can't we all at least pretend to be grown-ups occasionally? Except Biddle.

#23 Poohbah (Gsq)

Poohbah (Gsq)
  • Members
  • 16,807 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:33 pm

But next year won't neccessarily be the Best Meet Ever.  Just this year.  It'd have to be even BETTER than this year.  I'm not quite entirely sure that that could be physically possible.

Arrrrr, a challenge, me hearty!!!!!!!

(Sorry, I went all Latvian then...)

#24 Seagraven

Seagraven
  • Members
  • 5,140 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:47 pm

Ah, but as stated in last year's forum awards, last year's Loverpool was the Best Meet of all Time. You were there, so you know how great it was. And now we're saying this is THE BEST. Which means that we are just getting better year on year. Someone should make a graph.

Possibly it just had something to do with the fact that Phil wasn't there, which took down the average amount of Mancunian in the room, invariably making it that much better. Get in.

MoT

#25 Hebba Homemaker

Hebba Homemaker
  • Members
  • 4,925 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:58 pm

Just..

Thank You!
With a face like this I won't break any hearts, with thinking like that I won't make any friends

Co-Founder of the Gerard Way Appreciation Society

#26 Mr Phil

Mr Phil
  • Members
  • 15,912 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:41 am

View PostSpaca (76), on 27 May 2008, 10:47 PM, said:

Ah, but as stated in last year's forum awards, last year's Loverpool was the Best Meet of all Time. You were there, so you know how great it was. And now we're saying this is THE BEST. Which means that we are just getting better year on year. Someone should make a graph.

Possibly it just had something to do with the fact that Phil wasn't there, which took down the average amount of Mancunian in the room, invariably making it that much better. Get in.

MoT
But there *was* still a Mancunian Phil there.  Thus balancing out the imbalance.

#27 Mr Phil

Mr Phil
  • Members
  • 15,912 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 06:59 am

Right.

Jamseanandara for organising the whole thing (obviously).
Jamie for telling me where Sefton Park is so I could go running.
Amanda for her amazing and incredibly loud hot water machine, and the giggles that resulted as I learnt how to use it early on Saturday morning.  And for the amazing hostessiness and the food.
Aunty Del for her important lesson on sandwich fillers.
Team One for just being awesome and turning the RAoK challenge into the best ever.

Oh, I'm tired, I can't be bothered doing any more.

You're all amazing.

I think that pretty much covers it.

#28 Hernaic Tom

Hernaic Tom
  • Members
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 03:32 pm

View Postmarty mcfly, on 27 May 2008, 11:10 AM, said:

Hi Guys,

Awrite Marr-in!!!! Or, as I should say from now on: Eighty Eight miles an hour Marty!!!!!!!!!!!

View PostFab Loud SMJ YDMFreshmaker, on 27 May 2008, 06:42 PM, said:

and lastly thank to none of you for arguing over who got Siobhan, who got Steve and then just leaving me to the losers (of the who got Siobhan/Steve contest, not just the losers in general)

We had already booked you, Toby!!!
Hernaic (Hur-nay-ick) [adj]: Relating to any object, event or experience that is sufficiently interesting, entertaining, amusing and/or extreme to the point of induction of a hernia (fig).

#29 Mr Phil

Mr Phil
  • Members
  • 15,912 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 04:31 pm

Oh, and for Steve for not breaking when we fought over him.

#30 Poohbah (Gsq)

Poohbah (Gsq)
  • Members
  • 16,807 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:17 pm

I'm glad Martin is on the forum now.  One of my favourite memories is from the pub on Friday when he and some of the others were messing about and singing and giggling and generally being big old sillies.... and I just grinned and was like "it's like he's been here with us forever"!

Yay for Martin. :)  And yay for the name Marty McFly.  Although gosh the real Marty McFly is so dimwitted.... "YOU'RE NOT THINKING FOURTH DIMENSIONALLY MARTY! - *STILL*!!! COME ON!! HOW IS IT *THAT* HARD?!?!?!"  (I like to think that that's the Directors Cut version of the Doc quote...) ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users