• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 ♢Joinee Jamie

♢Joinee Jamie
  • Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 11:19 am

Hello Everybody!

Amanda and I are back from our holiday now and getting stuck in to the Loverpool organisation.

People are wondering about where they are staying so here's some lists.

Casa Jamanda:

Tigger
Helen
Tom Jones
Phil Hatchard
Siobhan
Stevie G
Clare

Casa Spaca:

Rory
Sheli
Craig
Heather
Richard
Donna
Neil?

Not sure about Kieran but I'm sure he'll do a list soon.

As it stands, our flat is all full up. We have some spare bedding and stuff, but if people coming in cars can bring some, then there should be enough of everything for everyone.

The list of people in Sean's is done from my memory and might not be right (if you arranged anything with Sean or Laura in the last couple of weeks then you're more up to date than me) As far as I know this means that Sean's is full up too. Sean and Laura are away until Wednesday next week I think.
I got a blog - http://blog.neosky.co.uk

#2 Done

Done
  • Guests
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 11:46 am

Yay, I am Casa Jamanda.  Will bring bedding and cakes and general Claire stuff - if you need owt else, just let me know.  One week to go.  Awesome :D

#3 Miss Joinee Brown

Miss Joinee Brown
  • Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:08 pm

I can't come anymore so i can be taken off Kierans list when he adds one :(

#4 Siobhán

Siobhán
  • Members
  • 8,231 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:16 pm

View PostJoinee Thorners, on 16 May 2008, 12:46 PM, said:

Yay, I am Casa Jamanda.  Will bring bedding and cakes and general Claire stuff - if you need owt else, just let me know.  One week to go.  Awesome :D

Can i get my sleeping bag to you to go in your car?  Or get a sleeping bag.  If I could also somehow get you the ring cake that would save it form gettign destoyed by the coach.

But we will see what can be done.

I am so excited!
"We can only learn to love by loving"
Iris Murdoch

#5 PJ Stevie G

PJ Stevie G
  • Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:36 pm

View PostMSJSiobhán, on 16 May 2008, 01:16 PM, said:

Can i get my sleeping bag to you to go in your car?

I can maybe do similar?

Closey close. Must remember to print out those coach tickets at some point.
A blog about unsung heroes: http://whointhehell.wordpress.com

"No dream is ever too silly unless that dream is to become a pineapple"

#6 Siobhán

Siobhán
  • Members
  • 8,231 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:48 pm

View PostStalker Joinee Stevie G, on 16 May 2008, 01:36 PM, said:

I can maybe do similar?

Closey close. Must remember to print out those coach tickets at some point.

Your sleeping bag is quite small.  I know this as it is currenlty in front of my bedroom mirror.  My sleeping bag is about six times as big as yours.

We also have air beds - don't forget the air beds.

And please do not forget the coach tickets - I am relying on you for that!
Iris Murdoch

#7 ♢Joinee Jamie

♢Joinee Jamie
  • Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:30 am

Heyhey, if yous guys need sleeping bags n stuff I think we can manage to get some for you rather then you bringing them.

I'm sure there's at least 2 sleeping bags, and at least 1 double duvet spare at casa jamanda. There might be more knocking about somewhere.

If people who are driving can bring stuff with them, then the train people can have less to bring up here.

Not sure about the ring cake though, dont think i can help there.

#8 Pud

Pud
  • Members
  • 14,397 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:38 am

As usual I shall be arriving with 2 mattresses and a whole load of bedding, several duveys and pillows etc.  Pity I don't have a bigger vehicle as I actually have 4 mattresses I could bring but only 2 will fit in the car.

I shall endevour to do some baking of some kind before the weekend.  I'm plannin on arriving friday and leaving sunday.  Is that ok?
If you hear of something bad happening in Halifax... I did it!

#9 Siobhán

Siobhán
  • Members
  • 8,231 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:02 am

This all sounds cool.  The air mattress is small so I will still bring that and the ring cake will sit in the main part of the coach with us, along with a packed lunch.

I like planning these things.  And I think Claire said she would bring whatever spare bedding she has.

So soon now!
Iris Murdoch

#10 Pud

Pud
  • Members
  • 14,397 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:30 am

I have a question as I try to make the important decisions about what to pack, what to wear etc... will we be returning to cassa jamanda on saturday before the club to get changed?

#11 Keen Joinee (GTJ)

Keen Joinee (GTJ)
  • Members
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:09 pm

View PostTJDETPRMFTTSJYP, on 18 May 2008, 09:30 AM, said:

I have a question as I try to make the important decisions about what to pack, what to wear etc... will we be returning to cassa jamanda on saturday before the club to get changed?
I don't think so honey, it's a bit of a trek from the Pilgrim back to ours and then into town. Much easier just to go straight there. I'm sure not everyone will want to go clubbing and someone will be going back to the flats (probabily me) - so if you need to, take a change of clothes to the Pilgrim and give your clothes to the people going back.

Oh and Helen, no giant suitcase okay or you WILL have to sleep in it - space is at a premium  ;)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney

#12 Pud

Pud
  • Members
  • 14,397 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:44 pm

When was the last time you saw my giant suitcase eh?  ok I took it to cottage but that was because I was taking loads of towels for hot tub.

Now I'm smaller I need less clothes space.  Good thinking about sending stuff back with people.  I may just take a different top and leave the same jeans on.  I have a nice top that now fits me and I want to wear but it's not really suitable for during the day.

#13 Done

Done
  • Guests
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:09 pm

View PostMSJSiobhán, on 18 May 2008, 09:02 AM, said:

I like planning these things.  And I think Claire said she would bring whatever spare bedding she has.

True.  Claire may also raid the expedition store at school (time permitting) for even more bedding type fun.

I can't believe this is mere days away!

#14 Hernaic Tom

Hernaic Tom
  • Members
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:19 pm

View PostJoinee Thorners, on 18 May 2008, 05:09 PM, said:

True.  Claire may also raid the expedition store at school (time permitting) for even more bedding type fun.

I can't believe this is mere days away!

Wow, it reminds me of Harry Potter for some reason.

Oh and Jamie? Let's not kiss when we meet this time, eh?
Hernaic (Hur-nay-ick) [adj]: Relating to any object, event or experience that is sufficiently interesting, entertaining, amusing and/or extreme to the point of induction of a hernia (fig).

#15 ♢Joinee Jamie

♢Joinee Jamie
  • Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:27 pm

Expedition store sounds amazing, do you have flare guns or a grappling hook?

And Tom, i suppose it's for the best that there's no kissing, you're making it sound like you didn't enjoy it last time though!

In a serious vein though, are all the Casa Jamanda guests fully clued up about their bedding arrangements now? No one needing anything else?

#16 Pud

Pud
  • Members
  • 14,397 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:16 am

Jamie, I cannot possibly sleep unless I have my bedtime caviar and champers.  I am assuming you will be providing this?

#17 Done

Done
  • Guests
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:20 am

View PostHernaic Tom, on 18 May 2008, 10:19 PM, said:

Wow, it reminds me of Harry Potter for some reason.

This place can get a little Hogwarts sometimes, let me tell you...

Will check the store this avo.

#18 Hernaic Tom

Hernaic Tom
  • Members
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:16 pm

View PostJoinee Jamie, on 18 May 2008, 11:27 PM, said:

Expedition store sounds amazing, do you have flare guns or a grappling hook?

And Tom, i suppose it's for the best that there's no kissing, you're making it sound like you didn't enjoy it last time though!

In a serious vein though, are all the Casa Jamanda guests fully clued up about their bedding arrangements now? No one needing anything else?

It's not the I didn't enjoy it...In fact, I enjoyed it a bit too much, so I'm trying to cut down on kissing you, you see.

In a serious vein though, I feel quite clued up about it all now thanks Jamie. I should be getting there at about 7PM friday. Will you be in the pub then?

View PostJoinee Thorners, on 19 May 2008, 09:20 AM, said:

This place can get a little Hogwarts sometimes, let me tell you...

Will check the store this avo.

Now you've gone all Antipodean!! That's just grouse, mate...
Hernaic (Hur-nay-ick) [adj]: Relating to any object, event or experience that is sufficiently interesting, entertaining, amusing and/or extreme to the point of induction of a hernia (fig).

#19 Done

Done
  • Guests
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:40 am

View PostHernaic Tom, on 19 May 2008, 06:16 PM, said:

Now you've gone all Antipodean!! That's just grouse, mate...

My accent and vocab make no sense whatsoever, I swear.  Pesky service upbringing!

#20 ♢Joinee Jamie

♢Joinee Jamie
  • Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:19 am

Yeah, someone should be in the pub from quite early on and most of us will be there from about 6 I'm guessing.

It's getting so close now!!!

#21 Rubidium Joinee Tigger

Rubidium Joinee Tigger
  • Members
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:40 pm

Woo! I'm top of the Jamanda list! Woo! (it's a little sad, but quite sweet, how pleased this has made me) How much spare bedding do you reckon you'll have? I'd quite gladly leave my sleeping bag at home if not required... In other news, I'll probably require a bed to get lost in at some point while people have crazy madness around me and I sleep through it, emerging now and then to make sure no-one's died then returning to my comatose state. But probably not til Sunday...maybe. In traditional stylee, however, I won't be around Friday night - yes, for the second year running I'll be going from Warrington to London to Liverpool in the space of 2 days. Ah, the life of a diesel-engined-train-setter...

#22 Done

Done
  • Guests
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:16 am

I now have three pilfered sleeping bags airing in my classroom, freshly Febreezed (would have laundered them, but have had a shocking week).  I will also be bringing a duvet and a trashy 70s style turquoise and purple sleeping bag.  And a blanket.  I think.  Hope that helps out at Casa Jamanda!

#23 Pud

Pud
  • Members
  • 14,397 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 11:22 am

ok let me think what bedding I'm bringing - 2 mattresses, 2 possibly 3 duvets (singles), 2 pillows, 3 blankets, sheets for the mattresses.

I know I had more duveys and pillows.  I don't know where they have all gone.  I wonder if this is another result of the new year party?

#24 Seagraven

Seagraven
  • Members
  • 5,140 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 11:56 pm

I'm back and ready for questions/comments/whinges.

If no-one moans or asks me anything, I can't be held responsible for any cock-ups. K?

MoT
Sigh. Can't we all at least pretend to be grown-ups occasionally? Except Biddle.

#25 Captain K

Captain K

• Moderators
  • 6,452 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:44 am

View PostSpaca (76), on 23 May 2008, 12:56 AM, said:

If no-one moans or asks me anything, I can't be held responsible for any cock-ups. K?
No, I can't be either. ;)
Part of the forum moderating team — feel free to ask for assistance!
Director of Aid Convoy — feel free to donate ;) — http://www.aidconvoy.net/

#26 Hebba Homemaker

Hebba Homemaker
  • Members
  • 4,925 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 12:53 am

If I have to bring myself and anything other than clean pants I have to know by 8:10 tomorrow morning or be able to get it on the M6

Sean! Text me if I do!!!
With a face like this I won't break any hearts, with thinking like that I won't make any friends

Co-Founder of the Gerard Way Appreciation Society

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users