joinee_doug
  • Members
  • 4,404 posts
  • Location:A dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind

Posted 31 December 2018 - 09:03 pm

From U900, ukulele duo
https://youtu.be/chjdXvc5Y3o
and me
It struck him full force, the unavoidable knowledge that he was riding through life on a fourth-class ticket.

#2 Joinee Hathorn

Joinee Hathorn
  • Members
  • 3,738 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:41 pm

Happy New Year Doug.
__Noel___________________________________________

#3 Captain K

Captain K

• Moderators
  • 6,453 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 09:32 pm

Happy New Year!

I just stopped by to see what was going on -- and to see how you were Doug! Since you basically keep this old palace running for us ;) So it's an EXTRA-nice surprise to see you here as well, Joinee Hathorn!

So, how are you both?

And an update from here? Well, since I last posted on here, I've moved and am now in a small town that has lots of nice little quirks, mostly in the form of fun community groups. The most significant is "Incredible Edible", who turn basically every bit of unused ground into a plot for herbs, vegetables, or fruit. Volunteers do the gardening, and ANYONE may help themselves, plus there are signs to teach people about what the plants are.

Alongside that, in a very Join-Me kind of way, someone, I'm really not able to get to the bottom of who, has placed signs like the Hollywood sign in several prominent places, which say "KINDNESS". :)
Part of the forum moderating team — feel free to ask for assistance!
Director of Aid Convoy — feel free to donate ;) — http://www.aidconvoy.net/

#4 joinee_doug

joinee_doug
  • Members
  • 4,404 posts
  • Location:A dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind

Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:33 pm

Ahoy, there, Cap'n!
Doing well here, despite the lack of federal government.  Not much difference in my daily life, but my brother is a historian at a national park, so he's been affected.
"Incredible Edible" sounds cool!  As do the "KINDNESS" signs.  Obviously loose cannons that need to be reined in by some aspect of Authority; can't have rogue actors
acting all rogue-ly. :unsure:
I think I mentioned at one point that I felt like the folks in "On the Beach", listening for radio responses from far away.  Good to hear another one!  Take care. :pirate:
It struck him full force, the unavoidable knowledge that he was riding through life on a fourth-class ticket.

#5 Joinee Hathorn

Joinee Hathorn
  • Members
  • 3,738 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:23 pm

Arrr Cap'n K, I forget when this place got so tumbleweedy, so I forget what has happened. We moved 7 doors down the road and now have a proper vegetable plot, Incredible Edible must enjoy a bit of hard graft. We have a second little person that makes too much noise, not much else to report really.  Glad to hear you are enjoying the small town life.
__Noel___________________________________________

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users