• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Joinee Varwell

Joinee Varwell
  • Members
  • 6,676 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 01:19 pm

JOINverness III - The Third Pilgrimage

Inverness, the Capital of the Highlands and spiritual home of Join Me, will be hosting its third annual pilgrimage on Saturday 29 July.

This thread will give some general information about be a chance for frequently asked questions - other threads will be appearing specifically dealing transport and accommodation.

The plan for the day is to meet in the city centre, do some raoks (not too many!), then do the pilgrimage to the Cathedral in honour of Danny and Gareth Saunders (as featured in the book), then go to the pub, then go for a curry, then no doubt back to the pub again.  Sunday will a nice day in the park, with the first ever joinee North v South kabaddi match. Those who are keen can visit Urquhart Castle or go gnome-hunting, again as featured in the book.

All the meet information on the forum and more can be found at http://www.joinme-highlands.tk

So... who's coming, and who's got questions? :D

#2 Joinee Kate (SJJM)

Joinee Kate (SJJM)

100k Post Monkey

• Members
  • 3,942 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 05:13 pm

Urquhart Castle is LOVELY.
The Joinee Formerly Known As
TGJFKASJK(SJJM)AHSSNJ

#3 Gareth J M Saunders

Gareth J M Saunders
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:14 pm

Urquhart Castle is lovely.  Even in the pouring rain.

That was a very wet day, as I recall.  But one of the most fun 24 hours I've ever had.

G
Gold Joinee (and The Revd) Gareth J M Saunders
Anstruther, Fife, UK
http://blog.garethjmsaunders.co.uk

#4 Joinee Kate (SJJM)

Joinee Kate (SJJM)

100k Post Monkey

• Members
  • 3,942 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:36 pm

It was cool to go there with 'the book' and read 'that' bit whilst sitting near the drop....

Urquhart Castle is an excellent castle indeed as castles go, and the trebuchet is still there.
The Joinee Formerly Known As
TGJFKASJK(SJJM)AHSSNJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users